Register now for International Education Day 2017
International Education Day at the Missouri State Capitol is set for Tuesday, April 11 in Jefferson City.
- Registration: Registration is $25 per person and includes a light breakfast, lunch, and a Study Missouri backpack and T-shirt. You can register at http://tinyurl.com/IEDay2017. The registration deadline is April 1. An agenda will be posted as soon as it is ready.
- Native dress: Students are encouraged to wear native dress for the event.
- Photography contest: Information about the 2017 international and study abroad photo contest can be found here. The deadline for students to submit photos is March 17. Monetary prizes will be awarded to the winners of the contest and applied directly to the student’s educational expenses.
- Drawing: A drawing will be held during the luncheon. Each college or university may bring two items to be given away during the luncheon.
- Tours of the Capitol and other sites: Advisors are responsible for setting up afternoon tours of the Capitol and other Jefferson City attractions for their students. More information about tours can be found at http://www.visitjeffersoncity.com/attractions.php?utm_source=madden&utm_medium=googlecpc&utm_campaign=mostatecapital&gclid=CITG7ruosdICFcK3wAodud0Gaw.
- Meetings with legislators: Advisors are urged to schedule appointments with their respective legislators to discuss the importance of international education and its impact on Missouri colleges and universities.
Information about the 2016 event can be found here.
2017 International Education Day Photo Contest
International and study abroad students are invited to participate in the 2017 Photo Contest for International Education Day.
Winning entries will be displayed in the Missouri State Capitol Rotunda during International Education Day on April 11, 2017. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 17.
Click below for rules and submission details:
See the 2016 Photo Contest Winners here.