Volunteer at NAFSA
EducationUSA Announces Upcoming Events
Greetings from EducationUSA! We hope your spring is off to a great start as the academic year winds down. We are contacting you today with three important news items for you and your consortium members:
- The 2013 EducationUSA Forum – registration now open – special sessions for consortia
- 42 advisers coming for the EducationUSA Forum – possible campus visit opportunities
- Upcoming EducationUSA Fairs overseas – many open to a representative for a consortium
Registration is now open for the 4th EducationUSA Forum, June 26-28, 2013 in Washington, DC. At this year’s EducationUSA Forum we will have two sessions focusing on state/regional consortia, one of which is an invite-only Best Practices Roundtable session for leaders of the various consortia who will be attending the Forum. Those consortia leaders who register for the Forum will automatically be invited to this session where we’ll share our recent survey data from consortia leaders, share best practices, and explore ways that EducationUSA and the various consortia can work more closely together in the future.
With 42 EducationUSA advisers coming to the U.S. for the Forum, we recognize consortia may be keen to invite some of our advisers for campus visits. This year, if your consortium can pay all the related costs for advisers to travel to your states from DC (before or after the Forum), we will be happy to share the advisers’ contact information for your use in inviting them to your states. Please contact Dorothy Mora, program officer at the U.S. Department of State, for details.
Regarding recruitment fairs, we appreciate that your planning for the 2013-14 recruitment cycle is likely well underway at your institutions. Our team of REACs has asked us to send a special message out regarding upcoming fairs in their regions that they would invite your consortia members to join:
- July 20; Harare, Zimbabwe; Free fair; Cost of hotel (www.bronte.com ) is $110 per night, bed and breakfast; We will cover all local transportation; contact Rebecca Zeigler Mano ZeiglerManoR@state.gov; Registration is open both to consortia and individual colleges and universities
- September 13; Marshal Islands; Free fair; contact Donna Seppy firstname.lastname@example.org; Registration is open both to consortia and individual colleges and universities
- September 18; Guam; Free fair; contact Bob Kelly email@example.com; Registration is open both to consortia and individual colleges and universities
- September 20; Tokyo; Free fair (IB high schools in the Tokyo area); contact Aaron Ragon firstname.lastname@example.org; Registration is open both to consortia and individual colleges and universities
- September 21; Tokyo; Free fair; contact Rei Yamazaki email@example.com; Registration is open both to consortia and individual colleges and universities
- March 18-April 9, 2014; Kathmandu, Dhaka, Chittagong, Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Islamabad, Kabul; Registration Fee: $700, which remains the same regardless of whether the HEI joins us for one city or for all cities HEIs pay their own airfare/hotel/perdiem in all stops, with the exception of Pakistan, where the hotel is paid for by the Embassy, Contact: Kathleen Kisting Alam at REAC.Lahore@EducationUSA.info. All fairs on this tour are open to consortia reps
Please feel free to contact me with any questions on these items.
We look forward to working with you all in the future and hope you can join us in DC this June!
Mr. Marty Bennett
EducationUSA Outreach Coordinator
Institute of International Education, 1400 K St. NW, 7th floor, Washington DC 20005
Office: +1 202 326 7699 : Mobile: +1 765 702 3772 :
Opening Minds to the World®
EducationUSA, supported by the U.S. Department of State
Social Media: IIEmbennett
China Fair Early-Bird Special Ends Soon
The early-bird registration deadline for AIEF’s Summer 2013 American Education Fairs in China is quickly approaching. If you would like to meet face-to-face with students looking to study in the United States, please register today to ensure your booth space and have the registration processing fee waived.
Our fair cities are located in the Liaoning Province of northern China, which is experiencing remarkable growth in all major sectors and has high growth potential in the area of international education. For your reference, the dates and locations are:
Shenyang: July 6-8
Dalian: July 10
Participation in these fairs includes free transportation between fair cities and a visit to a local school.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you this summer and welcome any questions you may have. To sign up for our fairs, please go to: http://aief-usa.org/fairs.asp
Education Foundation (AIEF)